Air Conditioning Service
A refreshingly cool home allows you to relax and enjoy the best of every season, which is why C&C Myers is proud to offer you a comprehensive array of cooling services.
Disruption due to a sudden air conditioner malfunction is aggravating, inconvenient, and stressful. Fortunately, it is extremely simple to protect your cooling system from most common problems.
Through affordable and seasonal maintenance, the professional team from C&C Myers will help your unit operate more dependably. We ensure that our service is cost-effective, requires very little time, efficient to prepare your air conditioner for the upcoming heat and humidity.
The Importance Of Scheduled AC Service in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
We understand that a reactive service can be very expensive. Once a system fails, repair costs tend to be greater than the minimal charge for regular maintenance. Even if your equipment seems to be operating without difficulty, over time, contaminants accumulate within the components, restricting airflow and insulating the coils. To reach desired temperatures, the system must work harder and longer, leading to longer run times and greater energy use.
Seasonal tune-ups allow equipment to operate according to manufacturer’s specifications, increasing efficiency, reliability, and longevity.
Benefits of Air Conditioning Service
Since 1978, C&C Myers Heating & AC has remained dedicated to keeping homeowners across Charleston, SC perfectly comfortable.
We will never provide you a service you don’t need or want.
We strive always to bring long lasting solutions to your HVAC needs, which is why it is beneficial to have a preventative maintenance inspection, per the manufacturer recommendation.
A preventative maintenance inspection from C&C Myers could help you avoid problems such as:
- A simple filter replacement:
- C&C Myers team will confirm you are changing your filter with frequency. By doing so, this helps protect airflow through the system, and prevents a great deal of dust and contaminants from both polluting Indoor Air Quality and clogging the inner workings of your air conditioner.
- An enormous amount of air transfer is necessary to maintain a cool home.
- The department of energy has said that the average American home has up to 30% in air loss. Or simply put; 30% of what it cost to run your heating & cooling system is going out the window, robbing you of comfort and energy efficiency.
- Dust acclamation:
- As dust accumulates and clogs the cooling system, airflow across the evaporator coil diminishes. The evaporator will be unable to perform properly, reducing the amount of heat that is rejected heat outdoors. You will no longer feel as comfortable in your home, despite thermostat settings. This can reduce the life expectancy of your system.
- Dirty coils:
- Dirty coils lead to improper operation, which will impact the compressor or fans, causing premature failure.
- Black Mold:
- A/C vents are a wonderful habitat for black mold. Unfortunately, this growth is perfectly positioned to spread harmful, airborne spores every time cooling is activated. Exposure to mold can lead to severe health problems.
- Mold growth:
- Moisture loving bacteria thrives in the inner workings of your cooling system, insulating the evaporator coil, clogging narrow air passages, and strangling system airflow.
- Aluminum fins:
- Aluminum on evaporator and condenser coils are sensitive and can easily become bent. Rather than promote airflow, a bent fin can restrict airflow through the coil.
- Algae Growth:
- Algae absolutely loves to grow in the condensate drain of your air conditioner. Allowing it to thrive can result in a clogged drain line or trap. Condensate leakage or overflow can present real possibility of damage before it is finally noticed by homeowners.
- Clogged condensate drain:
- A clogged condensate drain is probably the cause of insufficient dehumidification. Excess moisture contributes to fatigue, discolored walls, mold growth, insects, and dust mites.
- Insufficient refrigerant charge:
- Insufficient refrigerant charge is a common air conditioning problem. The manufacturer designed your equipment to operate with a predetermined charge of refrigerant gas. If this charge is not exact, or if refrigerant has leaked, insufficient cooling will result.
- Electrical Control Sequence:
- The proper electrical control sequence makes sure that the heating system and cooling system cannot operate simultaneously.
- Air Ducts:
- If air ducts are in poor condition, they rob your air conditioner of efficiency. Oftentimes, this allows polluted air into the home and can make it impossible to get a cool comfortable house. Having your air ducts inspected in the spring will help maximize summer enjoyment of your home.
- The thermostat is your key to precise comfort and energy savings. The functionality of the thermostat should be carefully checked every year.
A complete inspection in the spring allows for concerns to be addressed prematurely. By attending to any necessary replacement parts which need to be ordered and installed, will allow for any inconveniences to be avoided during the hot summer season.
Having the upkeep of your air conditioner managed by the Bryant Factory Authorized professionals from C&C Myers Heating & AC allows you to face the summer heat with confidence!