Duct Sealing Services in Charleston
Did you know that leaky air ducts can make you uncomfortable at home and cost you a lot in raised heating costs? Many homeowners don’t realize just how much heated or cooled air they are losing out of their air ducts at any given time. At C&C Myers, we can help stop this drain on your finances by treating your ducts with Aeroseal in Charleston and Mt. Pleasant.
What is duct leakage?
Most duct systems are not airtight. Over time, holes and cracks add to places where the air can escape from this system. This releases your hot or cold air in places where you can’t use it. It results in uneven temperatures throughout your home, as well as higher energy costs because you have to run your heater and air conditioner more to pump hot or cold air into your home. Duct sealing in Mt. Pleasant and Charleston can attack this problem head-on.
What is Aeroseal for Duct Sealing?
1. We will come in and pressurize your system. This includes sealing off your vents and registers.
2. We’ll test your system to find out how much air you’re losing to duct leakage.
3. We’ll pump our patented technology into your system. Aeroseal is a sticky polymer. It binds first to the edges of the holes in your ducts. Then it binds to itself until it seals the gap completely. There’s no extra sealant, either. Our duct sealing in Charleston and Mt. Pleasant is so precise that we only use as much as we need to solve your leakage issues.
4. Let your sealant dry. It usually takes Aeroseal in Mt. Pleasant or Charleston about 2 hours to dry. During this time, we ask that you don’t use your heating or cooling systems.
5. We will test your home again. This should show that your duct leakage has gone down drastically.
6. You save on energy costs and stay more comfortable at home. Most of the time, people save at least 20% on their costs, though some save as much as 40%.
Need More Information?
The best place to find additional information on our duct sealing services is to go to our Aeroseal website, where you can find videos and pictures of our duct sealing process and results.
Most people find that Aeroseal in Charleston and Mt. Pleasant lasts for at least 10 years. In fact, it’s guaranteed that long. However, we have pressure tested it for up to 40 years and have found that it’s still going strong. Your duct sealing should last for as long as you own your home.
In addition to lowering your bills, duct sealing in Mt. Pleasant and Charleston can help give you cleaner air at home. If you struggle with allergies or asthma, this process may help you breathe better, too.
If you have any questions about Aeroseal in Charleston and Mt. Pleasant, feel free to take a look at our Aeroseal website here! For additional information, or to set up an appointment to see one of our specialists, call us at C&C Myers. We’d love to talk to you about how the process might be able to help you save money and live better. Make your appointment today!